Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The End of the Earth is Near

Now, you may be miles ahead of me in current events, no pun intended, so forgive me if this is old news, but are you aware the end of the Earth is now 500 miles from Albuquerque, New Mexico?

Yep, that's right. In the latest dating profiles I read from Albuquerque, New Mexico, one online suitor proclaimed, "I would travel to the ends of the earth for the right person."

I thought, great! He's open to the right girl from anywhere, and since I don't live anywhere near Albuquerque, New Mexico, this was good news for me.

Then I noticed his dating radius was set to 500 miles.

Panic and the bigger picture set in. I mean, I realize the Earth is facing some big challenges lately and major change is on the horizon, but have I missed a meeting? I know I haven't tuned into the news nearly as often as I should and my habit of reading dating profiles probably doesn't give me anywhere near the well rounded view of current events one would expect, but seriously, when did the end of the Earth get so near? I mean, being well outside the 500 mile radius, this would clearly indicate I no longer live on the planet. Do any of you think you might have possibly sent me an email and alerted me to this situation?

On the upside, my friend Laurie says that in just 500 short miles, our entire group of girlfriends can be in the same place at the same time. Wow - big party! That does make things a whole lot easier, now doesn't it? Why didn't someone think of this a long time ago? Think of all the money we'd save on gas and plane travel!

You know, one of you might want to break it to the Proclaimers that they only need to worry about the first 500 miles now. Not the 500 miles more. It's going to be a pain redoing that whole song.



Thanks Angel for the perfect video hook up!

No comments: